Blind Date with a Book – Adult Summer Reading Group
Have you read any good books recently? Hope so. As part of a summer reading group, we are going to share a book with someone else by wrapping it up as a gift!
Here is how it is going to work:
- Decide what book you would like to share, either your own copy or purchase a duplicate one.
- Wrap the book in a brown paper covering (see picture for example)
- On the outside of the covering list some interesting clues about the book, such as:
- Children’s book or adult
- Fiction or Non-Fiction
- Mystery, Novel, Romance, or Science-fiction
- Light-hearted or serious
- Bring your wrapped book to the church between May 15 and June 1 and place it in the designated container in the main entryway.
- Pick up a book between June 12 and June 26.
- Read and enjoy your Blind Date with a Book!
- In August, we will have an evening book club date to share our books and our experiences of our blind dates.
Contact Pastor Mary Beth at email@example.com or 319-393-2400 if you have any questions.